Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cambodia: Day 9


'HAVE ICE CREAM' haha
This morning we had a lovely, relaxed yoga set – part of the cria being to aid digestion, exactly what we needed with slight constipation from the constant travelling and the lack of routine in our diet. Part of the meditation involves singing for 11 minutes, it really lifts you, especially in the morning. ‘Universe’ means 1 song, so playing into the nature of the world and its surroundings we joined its harmony and said Buenas dias to another beautiful and sunny day.
Mum finished off her 31 minute meditation as i swam and lounged around, managing to successfully focus through another chapter of my book that’s not in the chapter of a man travelling through India, so the fact that I can relate to a lot of what he’s talking about makes the read slightly more gripping – though the constant dates and historical facts do cause my mind to wonder. We shared two great breakfasts, one of poached eggs and buttered toast, and the other of fresh fruits, muesli and yogurt. With a king coconut each for hydration and a press of coffee for a kick. I sorted out my whole music folder on my computer with the minimal access to wifi after breakfast. The guteral feeling of sorting out things on your computer was such a beautiful relief.

Is it literal?!
We returned back to basics (our hut), lathered up in sun-cream and lay in the sun with my afternoon joint. The high hit me and i got into the music zone again, in my mind i had a realization of ‘the lightbulb effect’ when you hear a song and realize how much you can connect to it, or how much you love it or understand the beats and why they’ve been mixed the way they have. Weed makes you notice detail I find, I watched the ants crawl across the segmented pine leaf, I remember noticing the segments looked similar to spiders legs. I watched my feet standing in the sand, they slowly disappeared as the sand sucked them up, and around me I watched the little clam-like sea creatures bubbling and elegantly drifting into the sand to be hidden from predators like me! Muahaha. No i’m joking – we decided to have a little walk, that turned into an hour and a half there and back, but it was worth it – we worked up an appetite and discovered another niche of the beach. It was slightly livelier, browned tourists lay on colourful beach beds, under great blue and pink umbrella’s.

Mmmm, breakfasts
Siesta's
We passed ‘Happy herb pizza’ with the promo sign reading ‘A JOINT $1.50’ – I didn’t know whether this was literal or not but it sure tempted me. The psychedelic mushroom village was nearby too, consisting of lots of round huts with cone shaped roofs imitating mushrooms. We sat and ate tuna and boiled egg salad with a fresh wedge of baguette. It filled the gap. After a quick dip in the sea we walked back, the sun lightly heating our backs. It was great to walk along such a wild stretch of beach with no development (yet). The day this place becomes industrialized and infested with tourists i thought, it will lose it's magic.. it's special charm that hasn't been ruined by the manipulation of money. We’re really enjoying the peace and the untouched-ness that this place offers. Right now we sit in our basic hut, with the blinds down and the wind blowing like crazy – I keep looking up and thinking our electric fan is switched on because the strength of the wind is turning the blades in an ‘on’ motion. The sun’s setting and the light is darkening – it’s sundowner time.



Recipe of the day: Salad Nicoise
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/saladenicoise_6572


No comments:

Post a Comment